If a student’s research interests change to the point that the student and his/her Guidance Committee decide his/her interests would best be served by participation in a different major area of study, the procedure to do so is as follows:

  1. A brief request signed by the student and the Guidance Committee chair stating the desire to change major area of study should be prepared.
  2. The request should then be submitted to both Co-Directors, with a copy to the co-leaders of both the old and the new major area of study. This can be done electronically. Major areas of study are represented by faculty co-leaders from each university. Please refer to the Major Areas of Study webpage for the co-leaders.
  3. Once approved, let both Program Coordinators know of the change so that program records and listserv memberships can be updated accordingly.

Updated 8/20/2019